Everyone wants to know tricks to make their life easier, check out the best of the bunch, in our opinion:
1.Cling film boxes have two cutouts either end of the packaging, if you pinch them they will hold the roll firm so that as you pull the cling film out the actual roll doesn’t move.
2. Twist your lid on your fizzy drinks can around to stick your straw in and keep wasps out.
3. Girls, if you’re addicted to having your nails done at the salon but wanna cut costs, buy a gel kit from Groupon, you can get a package with the UV lamp, wipes, top coat, base coat and liquids. This way you can do your own gel nails from home and it’ll cost a fraction of the price.
4. Use frozen grapes in your wine to chill instead of ice so it doesn’t water your drink down.
5. Do a food shop at around 9.30pm on weekdays, or 4.30pm on a Sunday, just before they’re about to close, for all the reduced bargains that are about to go out of date.
6. If you microwave your lemons then squeeze, more juice will come out.
7. Put your eggs in a bowl of water to see if they’re fresh, fresh eggs will sink and gone off eggs will float.
8. Use upside down cupcake cases, with straw holes, over your drinks in summer to stop the bugs and wasps getting in, plus they look cute.
9. Turn your phone changer into a cord to avoid it getting knotted or tangled, wrap the cord around a pencil and hair dry for 2-3 minutes.
10. If you put a wooden spoon over a boiling pan it won’t bubble over.
11. To reach a low down candle wick without burning your hand, use a piece of spaghetti to light it with.
12. Use hair straighteners for ironing small areas, e.g. collars or sleeves, saves you the faff of putting up the ironing board etc.
13. Roll your clothes up to fit more in your drawers, or your suitcase when travelling.
14. Buy your university books on Amazon or eBay to save money, don’t buy brand new… they’re extortionate.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
15. Put dry tea bags in shoes that smell, they will absorb the odor.
16. Put your phone on airplane mode and it’ll charge much quicker.
17. If you save 6 mac containers, this can be any kind of make up and take them back into store, you will receive a free lipstick of your choice as a thank you.
18. Use a tissue box as plastic bag storage (neat and tidy).
19. Wash your socks in a net bag and you won’t lose any in the washing machine… hopefully.
20. Just moved house? Search on Freecycle for free second-hand furniture… if you’re lucky you might be able to find brand new furniture that people are getting rid of.
21. Download ‘maps me’ when you go abroad to use as a sat nav without needing the internet, to avoid draining your battery and data.
22. ASOS’s premier membership is £9.99 a year, and once you buy it you get unlimited free next day delivery and returns… ideal for last minute plans or outfit changes