Reasons to write a will regardless of your age…
- In case you suddenly die unexpectedly
- A will makes it easier for your friends and family to sort everything out when you are no longer around
- A will can help reduce the amount of inheritance tax that might be payable (normally applicable to property and money)
- You can explain what you would like to happen to you after you die i.e. buried/cremated etc.
Implications of not writing a will…
- If you don’t write a will, the law decides how your estate is passed on and divided up and this may not be what you wish for.
- It can be costly for your friends and family i.e. inheritance tax.
Info sourced from the Government website, click to find out more.